Clarify the false KOS rule in relation to Detectives

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Penny, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Penny

Penny VIP

Personally, I think detectives calling KOS on someone who calls them out, usually as a joke, is just an excuse to RDM, and on many servers where "use common sense" is in effect, it wouldn't be a killable offense. It would make sense if you could even disguise as the detectives, but you can't*. This situation isn't explained explicitly in the rules as far as I can see, so it being more clear one way or the other would be great.

*I don't know if there's an advanced disguiser weapon on the non vanilla servers, but this is specifically for vanilla.

2. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I've seen traitors mistakenly KOS a detective when they were just looking to KOS someone randomly to get them killed, as traitors will often do. It's by that logic that I determine whether or not to kill them for KOSing a detective. KOSing someone who is proven or a detective can automatically be processed as a false KOS, which is traitorous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Penny

Penny VIP

No one is going to follow through a KOS on a detective though. What traitor would do that on purpose.

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

A KOS is a KOS and if you think about it, sometimes if a detective is mass RDMing, someone may think to put a KOS on them, even though they just KOS'd a proven innocent.

Common sense, like you mention, would be to not call a KOS on detectives.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Penny

Penny VIP

Common sense says you'd give some kind of indication that a detective was mass rdming other htan calling him out, because with no further communication no one is going to follow it.

6. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

• Traitorous act: Calling KOS on innocents.
    • Players know that Detectives are, by default, innocent
    • This implies that calling KOS on a detective is inherently traitorous
    • You can be killed for traitorous acts

7. Penny

Penny VIP

Is calling a detective a traitor calling a KOS on them, though? It's a logical fallacy.

8. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

If you call someone a traitor, that's a KOS.
    If you say "XXXX [Non-detective] is doing <insert traitorous act here>" that's also a KOS. Note the non-detective part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rasta

Rasta kektop VIP

90% of the people i have killed as a detective for this are innocent.

10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

But its so worth it when you get on of the 10% who are T

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1