Denied Canceled Fish's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Canceled Fish, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    Canceled Fish
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:59585846
    Which Server:
    West 2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    The second and third time I said "faggot" weren't even directed towards anyone and was just me denotating said word. I should not be banned for saying "I would argue that saying 'faggot' has nothing to do with homosexuality."
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Teapot

Teapot BSoD VIP

You were banned by @J.T.Ripper for "Harassment". He will respond with evidence as soon as he can so please be patient. :)

3. J.T.Ripper

J.T.Ripper Ughuuuu. VIP

Hi Canceled Fish. I indeed banned you for harassment, and since you openly have said exactly as you did, I only really need to bring in @Wompzilla who has stated that they have video of the entire thing.

I should point out, that it is indeed harassment, as stated in the extended rules here:

The way you treated it, you were pushing a line that bordered loophole searching, as you clearly wouldn't listen when I was stating that you are not allowed to use that specific word as it is a hateful word in most societies, and depending on how you used saying someone was homosexual/gay, then it could or could not be considered harassment. You were using it in a harassing sense.

As I said before, Wompzilla has the video of the entire thing and will upload it shortly here.

4. Wompzilla

Wompzilla Former Administrator Banned VIP Silver

5. J.T.Ripper

J.T.Ripper Ughuuuu. VIP

I will give you a little bit of time to respond to this, as this is a twenty-four hour local ban, you're free to play on the other servers, because I will not be lifting the ban at this time. You've played our servers long enough that you should understand our rules by now, and you seemed to ignore them completely in that end of them. At this point, appeal Denied.

6. Spam is defined as "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients."
    ^
    Wasn't doing this at all. In fact, there were many people contributing to the conversation lol.

Harassment, is defined as "aggressive pressure or intimidation."
    ^
    Wasn't doing this, either! I called the detective a faggot once (he wasn't even dead and couldn't hear me at the time) and took the gag. Then, I just went on to explain my opinion of the word 'faggot' after people had been talking about it in the voice chat. Explain how this is spam OR harassment.

Again, I'm not saying the first time I said it wasn't "harassment," even though the detective couldn't hear it. I'm just saying the the subsequent times that I said the word weren't rule-breaking.

7. And I already provided a video of the incident. Click on my link. (Doesn't have the third incident of me saying harassment because I didn't want the video to have 4 minutes of nothing in the middle, but it was along the same lines of the second time I said it.)

8. The way you treated it, you were pushing a line that bordered loophole searching
    ^
    No, I was contributing to the conversation the second time and I said it as a point in an argument towards you the third.

You were using it in a harassing sense.
    ^
    Did you even listen to what I was saying or did you just abuse your mod powers to gag me and ban me because you think you have the authority to do what you want?

9. J.T.Ripper

J.T.Ripper Ughuuuu. VIP

Due to a mistake on my part, I have corrected the ban to spamming (homophobic slurs), and reduced to the proper time of eight hours.

Appeal : Adjusted to fit the proper offense, still Denied.

10. I still don't see it as spam. Could I have your admin look at this?

11. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

From what I saw in the video, you used a homphobic slur that had potential to offend many people in the server and you were gagged/warned. Then, after being told to not use those derogatory slurs, you said it again and got gagged again. Now this is where the video leaves off, but J.T. claims you did it once more. If this is the case, and I'm inclined to believe it is due to your trollish nature as seen in your own video evidence, then he was correct in pursuing an 8 hour ban for spamming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.