Denied BIDZ180's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by BIDZ180, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIDZ180

BIDZ180 Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    BIDZ180
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:31985153
    Which Server:
    EU2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    The kills were entirely accidental.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    On ttt_community_bowling, I shot and blew up one of the explosive barrels in the hallway. No other players were near the barrel, and it did not kill anyone.

However, the explosion ignited another barrel. During the period in which the barrel was on fire, 3 other players moved next to it, and were all killed when it detonated.

Mod Ragman and I had a very nice and civil conversation, in which they informed me that this warranted a 24 hour ban for mass rdm. I accepted that he wasn't able to offer me any leeway and had to enforce the ban, and he exacted the punishment.

I understand that I am currently undergoing the necessary punishment as dictated by the letter of the law, and appreciate the politeness Ragman demonstrated, but was hoping that I might be able to appeal to someone more able to extend leniency towards me in this particular case, as I assure you that all three simultaneous deaths were complete accidents, that I did not foresee (had no idea the second barrel was there, nor that the other players would enter the hallway).

If there's no way around it, though, I will happily serve out the rest of the 24 hour ban! Was just hoping to appeal if it was at all possible so that I could get back to playing ASAP! Thanks for hearing me out!​

2. kynwall

kynwall "Painting Roses" VIP

Hey there BIDZ180, it appears you were banned by @Ragman for Mass RDM (3+) on EU 2, he'll respond at his earliest convenience so please be patient, thank-you and have a lovely day!

3. BIDZ180

BIDZ180 Member

Sounds good, thanks!

4. Ragman

Ragman hool-moh-goh-bow-bigga-bogga-walnum-bodgish-misjoo Banned VIP

Hey BIDZ! Thanks for taking the time to appeal this ban - I actually felt really bad about having to ban you for it!

Lets get into this:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

As you can see you were reported a total of three times that round for the same incident (Which you explained in the report as an accident). You had the same reply to both reports.

[​IMG]

You Pm'd me about the 3rd report in which you said that it closed before you could answer it (I forgot to screenshot the chat, but you were helpful in getting to the bottom of it), but assured me it was for the same offence as the first two, leading to the third count of RDM that lead to the 24 hour ban.

You then messaged me again and as stated in your appeal, we had a nice conversation in which you took the ban news really well and understood completely that I had to ban for it.

However, I am going to leave the ban in place as a warning to be careful about barrels. This is a perfect example of how a chain reaction can kill a lot of people. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me on here!

Thank you for taking the time to appeal and being so understanding in game! I hope to see you back on EU2 after your ban expires. Have a good day!

EDIT: Images are broken, trying to fix.

Appeal: Denied
    Thread: Locked

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.