Denied bfp879's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by bfp879, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bfp879

bfp879 VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    B.F.P 9000
    Your Steam ID:
    bfp5
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    The criteria of ghosting is a little more complex than the description.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Honestly I'm not completely innocent of the ban, I did mess up in a way but ghosting is quite a fuzzy subject for me, you see I was a traitor that got a K.O.S from an individual and he didn't know I died soon after and I told him lies with the private chat. Now I didn't know until now that the idea of ghosting extended out to misleading players. I just thought ghosting is where you do the exact opposite and telling alive players (while dead) about events that ACTUALLY happened that they are not aware of at the moment (as the description of ghosting implies) I didn't know that you cannot attempt to tell player FALSE events that never even happened at all.

Thank you for your time, good staff of Serious ttt.
    Keep up the good work!​

2. Change-up

Change-up "Change is coming" VIP

Hello, B.F.P 9000! You were banned by @Sinz for Ghosting - 1st Offence. He will respond at his earliest convenience.

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Hello B.F.P,

Thank you for taking the time to make this ban appeal. While providing a player with misleading information would still be considered ghosting as it affects the outcome of the round, you were not banned for that reason. On vanilla, @MangoTango was looking for your unidentified body when he received a message from you that can be seen below. You revealed to him that you were dead at the traitor room and more specifically, after questioning, you fell in the traitor trap and cannot be identified, "that's why I'm M.I.A." you say. After providing this information, Mango knows you are dead without having to identify your body, you informed him of an in-game event he was not yet aware of. This is defined and explained on the !motd, as a long-time member of this community you are expected to know that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Considering your clean history and playtime on our servers, I am willing to reduce the ban period. But for now I will leave this appeal open for all the involved to reply. If you have anything to prove your innocence, please do.

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I am fine with a reduced ban. I really enjoy playing with BFP and I feel that his actions were not malicious. You did however inform me of in game events of which I was not yet aware, so I do feel that there should still be some sort of sentence; I will leave that part to @Sinz.

5. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Perhaps a ban shortening (and localization if it is global) should be in order, as his intent was not malicious. bfp, to avoid situations like this in the future, it's best to simply avoid chatting with alive players when you're dead at all. It's very easy to accidentally give away information.

6. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Your ban has been shortened to 2 weeks.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.