Denied Bellyboom9's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Bellyboom9, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    Gerald(single ready to mingle)
    Your Steam ID:
    bellyboom9
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I got banned for ghosting even though I was playing the server right. I don't get this nonsense of how I even ghosted. I asked if I rdmed they said no so then I left then the next day it wouldn't let me back in the server. Can you please unban me
    Evidence of Innocence:

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  2. Darth West

Darth West I am Darth West, Dark Lord of the Sith. VIP

You were banned by @Sinz for your first offense of Ghosting. He will respond at his soonest convenicence.

Also your Steam ID is wrong it, is actually STEAM_0:1:62625742

Feel free to play on the other four servers in the meantime.

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Hey Gerald. Hope you're having a great day.

Let me explain the situation that happened, you were banned along side your "friend" (Herpes Free Since 03) for ghosting. It was a very unusual type of ghosting, but I also took it as game-breaking. You & your friend didn't have each other added on Steam, but I'm 100% certain you two were private messaging or Skyping with one another. My reasoning for this? We were on the map 67thway were you, Gerald were a Detective, and your friend was a traitor. Your friend practically killed people in your face, and you didn't flinch or attempt to kill him. He let you in traitor rooms, you dropped him a Health Station, and overall just helped him out. This was very unusual and not something a Detective would do. Then your friend went on to attack a fellow Detective and you watched, you watched him shoot and almost kill a Detective (Players have told me this has been happening before I joined the game). The other Detective was quite furious, and asked why you wouldn't help him, you responded with this:
    [​IMG]
    Although this doesn't prove anything, your friend went on to say more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With this, I've gathered you two were Ghosting by telling each other what you were. I've also asked an admin to help me with this situation, that admin also gave me the OK for these bans. @Event Horizon. Ghosting is defined in our MOTD which you agree to everytime you join one of our servers or experience a map change.
    Since you cannot provide a valid explanation of your disobedience, your ban will be served to its extent, and your appeal will be denied. If an admin+ feels this ban is unjust, please notify me why & unban this person.

Feel free to play on our other 4 servers:

1. West: 66.150.188.73
    2. West 2: 66.150.188.231
    3. East 2: 74.91.119.176
    4. Vanilla: 64.94.101.124
    Thank you, and be careful next time, Regards,
    Sinz

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  4. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I gave Sinz the authority to ban for this. While it doesn't fit our textbook definition of Ghosting, you and your friend were definitely meta-gaming, which does fall under the term ghosting. The ban is only local and I will not be making it global, so you are free to play on our other servers while you wait out your ban on East.

If @Highwon feels this type of meta-gaming is in fact allowed, we will remove the ban.

Thank you for appealing. Have a great day!

5. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

After further investigation and a conversation with Highwon, it has been determined that you are guilty of the ghosting offense, and the ban will not be lifted. Since this is your first offense, I will not make it global, so you can play on our other servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.