Denied BeautifulButterfly's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by BeautifulButterfly, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeautifulButterfly

BeautifulButterfly Float like a butterfly VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    I Am A Beautiful Butterfly
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:43124969
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was karma banned for accidentally shooting a barrel in the process of killing someone who was T baiting with the explosive prob.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I don't have screenshots or video of the situation, but I am positive that the damage logs will prove my story.

This happened in I believe the first round of the map magma, today at approximately 4:10pm PST. I was walking out of the large room in the center of the map when I saw someone carrying an explosive prop into the room with a large amount of people still there from spawning. I stopped to see if he would proceed to T bait by bringing the barrel close the to the mass of people which he did. I proceeded to make a decision to try and kill him to stop a traitor from shooting the barrel and killing a mass of players. He was holding the barrel high in the air so I thought I could kill him without clipping it. I succeeded in taking him out, but failed to avoid clipping the barrel. It lit on fire and promptly exploded killing at least 3 maybe more other players. I was reported 3 times and was karma banned once the round ended.

I'm sure staff is familiar but just for clarity I'm going to include the section of the extended rules thread that applies here.

"Special Cases
    Explosive props; whilst carrying explosive props/barrels toward a player is traitorous, there are special circumstances that come into play if punishment is needed for a player that shoots the barrel. Those punishments are as follows:
    • Slaying the Shooter: If the shooter and the carrier are both innocent and the shooter intentionally shoots the barrel and not the carrier, causing the barrel to explode and do damage to any player other than the carrier, then it is RDM.
    • Slaying the Carrier: If the shooter and the carrier are both innocent and the shooter accidentally shoots the barrel in crossfire, while attempting to kill the carrier, doing damage to any player other than the carrier then it is RDM."
    After the fact, several innocents pursued me trying to kill me (for my traitorous but not unjustified act). I said over coms what happened, but they still shot me so I instinctively shot back killing at least 2 other innocents. When I was finally brought down, I wanted to explain all of this in the reports, but I was karma banned before I could submit. Consequently those reports are as of now empty.

I appreciate the consideration.​

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

It's a karma ban, which is a 1 hour ban. Sit it out.

Appeal denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.