Are Gaming Computers worth it?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Peter Parker, Jan 21, 2015.

1. I'm thinking on investing in a computer that is "meant" for gaming. What's the difference between a gaming computer and regular computer quality wise?

2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Do not buy pre-assembled "gaming" computers. Most of them are overpriced and not even that good for gaming.

You can spend 500$ (600-700 if you need operating system, mouse, keyboard, and monitor) and build your own gaming PC that will perform very well in most games, although if you're playing the latest AAA releases, you'd have to turn down some settings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mereduck

Mereduck VIP

Difference is the generally the type of Processor they use for "work machines" vs "gaming machines" and wether they bother putting in a dedicated ghrapics card. Depending on what you want to play as event said a 600 dollar pc should do you fine for most games for about 1-2 years give or take. Dont buy prebuilt unless they only charge 50-60 dollars to build it for you (In my case it was worth the money to save time and not have to send any defective parts back for 7-10 euros)

4. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Active Member

If you play a lot and want great graphics and speed. Invest time and energy into doing the research and building your own. They're are a lot of people online willing to help and give out advice. Even right here on the forums. But Event is totally right. If you have any questions Eric feel free to message me on here or steam.

5. Whitewolfx0

Whitewolfx0 Keep the shiny side up. VIP

Gaming pc do have uses outside gaming, most of witch is video or graphic editing. I'm sure there are others but that comes to mind