Approved Amemo's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Amemo, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amemo

Amemo VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Amemo
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:0:193240897
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned because I whispered two traitor buddies something along the lines of, "Be careful about going in the t room, I f***ed up." I then afterwards whispered to one of them something along the lines of "nvm!" after I switched to their point of view, as they were already in the traitor room and not dead from the innocent that I let into the traitor room.
    Rules/Definitions that I believe I did break: I am going off the idea/googled definition that ghosting is "a form of cheating in online games where players are privileged to information they shouldn't have about another player's whereabouts...For example...dead players may disclose the location of living players on the opposing team to their teammates." Not only this idea, but the Serious Gaming TTT Rules as well, notably: "Using third party chat to inform player of in-game events they are not yet aware of" (by using "in-game private chat" in my instance) and "this includes giving away information about yourself."
    Why I believe I should be unbanned: Before the time of when I whispered to the two of my fellow alive traitor buddies, I was killed along with another T in the T room after I let an innocent go in the room and shotgun me (and the fellow T). Once I died, I believe that I did wait until he identified my body that was in the traitor room, and they could've seen that I was dead (thus, I wasn't giving away any information about myself, I did indeed "f*** up"), but the innocent I let go in also stated something along the lines of "I'm proven, I killed two Ts while I was in the t room" (which is my main point--this would've made them aware that there was someone in the traitor room).
    As for the googled definition, when I noticed that one of the people were in the traitor room maybe a few seconds after the time I whispered, there was no one inside, thus, I can't say that in my view that I was giving information I shouldn't have had about another player's whereabouts when I didn't have any idea as to where was (as when I was in the perspective of a fellow T buddy that was alive while I was dead, he was in the traitor room and there was no one else in there). The information in my message, "Be careful about going in the t room, I f***ed up" and "nvm!" was backed up by what the innocent's actions were (he stated that he killed two people in the traitor room and he identified both my body and the other traitor's).

I shouldn't have done what I did, especially in the way that I whispered a warning to my alive traitor buddies, and I will take more caution in sending what I type to others. I would at least like to appeal my four-week ban as I truly enjoy playing and spending my time on this server, and whether this does get approved or denied, I will be more careful about what I say in chat if I do continue to or am able to play.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    This is just information for usage of looking up my ban in case I used the wrong Steam ID from the website. I don't have any screenshots from the time I was banned.
    My Steam, if my ID is incorrect: steamcommunity.com/id/anenomemo
    Ban: Ghosting, 4 weeks (First offense)
    Date banned: 04/06/17

Why I was banned: I don't have any evidence of me saying exactly what I typed out, as I didn't take any screenshots of the incident.
    Notes on why I was banned: Googled definition, the Serious GMod TTT Rules.​

2. Salem

Salem VIP

Hi Amemo, I'll be tagging @Littlememe as they are the moderator who banned you.

Please remain patient while waiting for a response.

3. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

You were banned for telling me information I did not know, I did not hear a player say he was in there, I simply got your message and it changed the possible outcome of the game, I was actually about to go into the T room before you messaged me which could've led to my death, but instead I avoided the T room until I thought it was safe.

4. Amemo

Amemo VIP

Mr Butters, as I wrote, I'm fairly certain that they said in the all chat, as alive, that they killed two traitors in the traitor room (and trying to prove their innocence by doing so). I believe they had identified my body and the other traitor's around the same time they said that.

5. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

So after talking to you on steam - I will accept your appeal and unban you. - Please don't do this again.

Appeal - Accepted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.