Denied Alchemized's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Alchemized, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alchemized

Alchemized Why do nuns like swiss cheese? It's hole-y. VIP Emerald

Your In Game Nickname:
    Alchemized
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:53428108
    Which Server:
    Low Population
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was globally banned for excessive karma bans. I feel I should be unbanned because despite my karma bans, I generally play for a decent amount of time before I am put into a situation where I can legitimately kill enough people to be karma banned. I didn't get on and instantly begin trying to kill everyone very much. It's about putting yourself into the position where some accidental team-kills may happen and hoping that they do and killing anyone for doing anything that could be considered wrong. Unidentified body that some guy just walked by? Kill him. Two people in a firefight? Kill them both. I will admit that I was getting a little too trigger-happy and was killing people for things that even I would consider too minor to deserve death. Often times, I felt TOO merciful, but I suppose I was not merciful enough if I am posting this. I know for at least one of the karma bans, 2 staff members called me out as a T when I was a Detective, knowing I would kill both of their innocent asses for it. I realize I could have chosen to not kill them, but oh well, I couldn't risk it. I was karma banned within that round. I'm not an RDMer, I'm just a little too trigger-happy right now and I think I've been awoken to the minor things that I should not kill people for... such as shooting at things that aren't people... and silly small things. People should have fun playing this game, and to the people whose fun I've ruined, I'm sorry. I will be more lenient with my trigger finger and click people only for truly traitorous traitorous acts.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I know that it's not a minor thing to be globally banned and I probably won't be unbanned, but I may as well try anyway. #getrichordietrying​

2. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

@CDriscoll will respond shortly. He banned you for Excessive Karma Bans.

3. Alchemized

Alchemized Why do nuns like swiss cheese? It's hole-y. VIP Emerald

Thanks Mr. Wolfy, sir! Might I say you are looking wonderful today and that if this CDriscoll fellow is even half as wonderful as you are, I'm sure everything will be juuuust fine.

4. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

Alchemized,

As we've spoken about on TeamSpeak, you were banned due to your excessive amount of karma bans. As an ex-staff member, it's understandable that you may have a higher knowledge of what you can and cannot kill others for, but in your own words, you have been "killing people for things that even I would consider too minor to deserve death." Pictured below are your adminstats, which show your many bans.
    [​IMG]
    This month alone, you've acquired over 20 karma bans. As you said, you've been very triggerhappy and have been acting on things that you acknowledge you shouldn't be. Karma bans aren't always a bad thing, as not everyone is up to speed on the rules, and can commit traitorous acts unknowingly, but when you understand this and continuously act on these instances, it becomes an issue. While we were speaking on TeamSpeak, you even said that if you were to be unbanned, you would still end up being banned, but would try a bit harder to be more merciful. Your ban is only 5 days long, and I'd like for you to take this time to rethink your playstyle, think about how it may be affecting newer users, and reflect on what you can do to refrain from getting karma banned numerous times a day.

We both know your potential and that you can do better than this, you just have to put in the effort.

Your appeal is denied, and you'll have to sit this one out. Use this time to improve yourself, and hopefully this situation won't have to happen again.

Thanks,
    CDriscoll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.