Approved alcatraz's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by alcatraz, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alcatraz

alcatraz Banned

Your In Game Nickname:
    alcatraz
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:2874086
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    So a round started, everyone was shooting everywhere. I killed the wrong guy, got reported for RDMing (which was true) and got slain by Anna. I acknowledged the slay and did not try to run away (quit the server). I stayed on until I was slain the next round, and then I left the server. I came to the forums, asked in the shoutbox why I was banned since I didn't flee server and actually stayed on - what they replied with was "You have to stay on the whole round [during which you were slain]". I'm a VIP+ so I wouldn't bother spending my money and RDMing and quitting afterwards.

I don't think this deserved a 5 day ban, I did not try to do anything wrong.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    One more thing. The reason that I apparently was banned for - I don't really understand. You get slain, and then you must wait out the whole round and then quit. Why?
    You should maybe reconsider that rule. I was not trying to escape, just didn't find a point in staying on the server for another round doing nothing.
    I would stay on if I knew the rule, but I have never heard of it before.

2. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive VIP

You were banned by @C.A.Anna for RDM and leave 1st offense. Please be patient until she responds.

Thanks.

3. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

Hey there! I have seen this and will respond in due time. I am currently at work and do not have access to my evidence.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

4. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

alcatraz,

I apologise for the wait and thank you for your patience!

EDIT: I do apolgise for the confusion. I could have sworn that was the correct report and that I had screenshots but alas I do not. I still have the one of you leaving however as seen below.
    [​IMG]

For future reference, on our MOTD that you are greeted with each time you join a server, it does specify the following:
    [​IMG]
    We have this rule in place because when you RDM someone you are essentially taking away their round. When we issue a slay, we are taking away your round as punishment. We don't see it far that you can just leave right after because are you really then serving a punishment? No. In this case a player is forced to sit out a round and have to watch as the fun carries on around them. This acts as a deterrent in the hopes that a player will stop from making the same mistakes and RDMing people.

Now in your case., due to the lack of evidence, your apologetic nature and you have stating that had you known you would have stayed. I will be accepting this appeal and thus unban you for our server. You have no previous history and you genuinely seem like you didn't mean for this to happen. In the end it was a case of misunderstanding and your honesty has been greatly appreciated. Your ban will also be voided from your records.

Thank you very much for taking the time to appeal. I hope to see you around on the servers!

Take care,
    ~C.A.Anna

Appeal: Accepted
    Thread: Locked

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.