Denied Al Capwned's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Al Capwned, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al Capwned

Al Capwned Supporter

Your In Game Nickname:
    Al Capwned
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:25917251
    Which Server:
    West 2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Out of the few rounds being there here's what went down in regards to me killing. First round - I jump down and see three people shooting, two T's vs. 1 inno, and they kill the inno. So I shoot one T who was running away from the scene. The second got away and I was chasing him. He turns a corner and places a trip mine. Then Pepeguy runs past and I accidentally shoot him. I tell him sorry it was an accident but knew I was going to get slain for that anyway. He doesn't even report me (Ravin) reported me through log damage.

So I take the slay (Which was a round or two later).
    The round after this, I was a T. I placed a death station down. It blows up and probably kills a traitor buddy or two. I shot nobody that round, 99% sure unless there's proof otherwise that i don't have.

The round after this, I was slain.

next round I'm an inno and just jump around and throw a smoke. I shot nobody and was killed by a T. Then I was banned for "mass RDM 3+". So I'm curious who I RDM'd...damage logs which I don't have.

And if I'm being banned because of the map previous (White House) because of two T buddies running into my incendiary that's pretty dumb. There were only 4 of us alive, 3/4 being Traitors and I threw an incin into the room where the last inno was (No T's around me, upstairs, and I was downstairs). The innocent kills me with an explosive barrel, and then the Two T buddies come downstairs and I guess run into the fire and die. Which I was slain twice for.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    None that I have. Just an explanation.​

2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

@Ravin will reply at his soonest convenience. Thank you for your patience.

3. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Hello @Al Capwned . Thank you for taking time for filing this appeal.

You indeed were banned by me for Mass RDM + 3 over multiple Maps.

[​IMG]
    Sadly. You need to warn for throwing frags as a Traitor. I explained this to you multiple times and thought you might have understood...however you did it again and killed another T buddy a couple of rounds later.

[​IMG]

We did talk in great detail about how you need to warn for a Grenade as a T when throwing it. Even if you were killed and dropped it, you are still liable for the damages done as you NEVER warned for throwing it.

Your third and Ban came from this report you calmed GBA on a person for a Tripwire mine. You cannot call GBA on someone as you didn't witness it. I did ask an admin to clarify this to ensure before I banned you I was getting the proper information. That admin was @Muffin

You even admitted in your own Ban appeal you 'accidentally' shot him. So you are starting to conflict with your own report and admitting fault... There isn't much more to say here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Accidental RDM is Still RDM.
    upload_2015-7-12_17-9-8.png

As I know you feel like there is a COI between us, as I have slain you for a number of different things the last month, I will request my admin @BlueCore review this appeal and accept or deny it. I will advise heavily upon its denial.

Goddess Watch Over You.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  4. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

Hello Al Capwned,

My apologies for taking some time to reply to this Appeal, I have been out at work for the entirety of the day. Now, looking into this Appeal and the evidence provided by Ravin, it does appear that the Mass RDM +3 ban he issued you was given correctly.

As already stated, Ravin slayed you for the first time for damaging and killing your Traitor buddy, Bot. As a Traitor you are encouraged to use what you can to kill the Innocents, however, if you're going to be throwing a lethal grenade such as a Frag, you must always give prior warning to your team. You cannot claim cross-fire as the reasoning behind why you damaged or killed a member of your team in the situation that you did not warn them of the potential hazard you're creating.

Your second incident of RDM seems to revolve around a similar situation, where you killed another Traitor buddy with fire; presumably from an Incendiary. I have not been provided with the conversation between yourself and Ravin determining if you had warned or not, but I will take his word that again, you had not. In this light, please remember that if you do not warn your team that you will be throwing a lethal grenade you are liable for any and all team damage done as a result.

For your third incident of RDM, it seemed like there are two possibilities of what happened. One is that you falsely GBA'ed a player and shot him for that reason, and the other accidentally shooting him. Firstly, in the case of a Traitor running away around a corner and another player comes from around the same corner that the Traitor fled to, this is not enough evidence to classify a GBA on a player. As unless that player themselves witnesses the Traitor commit a traitorous act, he cannot be killed for simply being in the vicinity of a Traitor. Perhaps you claimed GBA on him as the Traitor must have put the Trip-mine down during this time; however, this is also not a warranted GBA situation. This would be because you did not actually see the Trip-mine being placed, you had no idea if it was recently placed or placed quite some time ago. There are also variables in these situations, so without 100% certainty, you should not be killing anyone in these circumstances.

And of course, if it was simply accidental fire, that still constitutes as accidental RDM. Unfortunately, accidental RDM is still RDM, meaning it is still slayable.

Given the above information and after investigating into the Appeal closely myself, I have decided that the ban issued against you for Mass RDM +3 was given correctly. As such, this Appeal will unfortunately be Denied.

You are welcome to play on any of our other servers while you wait out the remainder of your ban on West 2. Fortunately, the ban was only for 24 hours, so will expire shortly.

Thank you for making this Appeal, if you would like to talk about this anymore feel free to start a private conversation with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.