Answered Aimbot

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Levi6900, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Levi6900

Levi6900 New Member

So I have an aimbot autorunning on the client side for my single player games, but I don't know if its safe to join a Serious TTT server. Will I get banned, or does the server just disable client-side scripts? I don't want to have to remove and replace the script every time I play TTT, but if the server ignores it with no consequences / punishments that would be convenient. I don't want to cheat on Serious TTT, I just want to make sure I won't be punished for a false assumption.

Edit: So I my hope is that I won't have to manually disable/enable the aimbot on my own, and the server will just ignore it. My question is: Will the server be able to tell if I have an aimbot (some anti-cheating addons), and if so, does it just not run client-side scripts so it's as if the aimbot isn't there?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The server itself won't ban you, but if a mod catches you with the aimbot he/she will certainly ban you for hacking. Disable your aimbot and you should be good, just be careful with stuff like that.

3. shanty

shanty Bronze

You can't run lua scripts on the servers. You'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

There is no automatic hacking bans, but if you think you can get away with cheating because of that fact, you will be proven wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steve Mason

Steve Mason Honesty. VIP

Garry's Mod allows lua scripts to be used in their game, and won't VAC ban you. However that being said if you're playing single player it usually is fine (since you can disable cheats serverside etc.) Servers have their own lua detector and won't let you join if you have something that falls in their list that isn't allowed. Now let's say you bypass all of that and manage to have your hacks working on our servers, if you at any point use them in-game you will be banned for Hacking. Whether it's aimbotting, wallhacking, etc.

A personal suggestion would be disabling them all or removing them and playing then. It's best to be on the safe side and not potentially hack and get banned for it. This is a pretty serious offense on here that won't be taken lightly. Would suggest getting rid of the lua scripts that gives you aimbot before joining the servers, as your interest doesn't seem like to hack on our servers, but rather to play on our community. And this might come in the way of that.

I hope this helps,

Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.