Add a zone timer to T rooms to prevent camping

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Ajax, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Ajax

Ajax VIP

Its simple I believe. Add a timer in the T areas so the can only stay there for so long instead of camping for the last few people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I think this could be implemented if it can be disabled while staff are online. Or possible make it so when staff warn, it starts like a one minute timer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

This would be nice, but what about T's entering the room. Would the timer then reset, and if it reset upon entering, couldn't we just leave and re-enter?

5. Ajax

Ajax VIP

well in any given map you shouldnt spend more than 2 mins a round in the room so a countdown from there should work

6. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Well camping isnt really frowned upon until majority of players are dead correct? also as long as they are being useful in there e.g Coming out shooting using the traps this really shouldnt be a problem and most of the time staff are on and can fix them from camping once majority is dead

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ajax

Ajax VIP

Most people don't like camping in t room period that's why most of them are connected with teleporters so they can get out. T's also have the advantage for opening the door when they want, but shouldn't stay in there to win a gunfight. You can use a trap quickly, but there is no reason to stay once you use it. Too many incidents where they will go in beginning round to use trap and stay in there till everyone knows he's there and use the doors or c4 the walls. This would also help with newbies first joining server. I don't really see a downside to this since it will cut out the those incidents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mr Butters

The point to being a traitor is using the Trooms to your advantage and to take out as many inno's and as discreetly as possible using the T room to your own gain as a T is fine in my opinion i mean yeh sure if they sit there and do nothing move them or warn them but most of the time they are in there for good reason

9. Rin Tin Tin

Rin Tin Tin Member

There is already a rule to prevent T's camping and that is if they camp, they will be slain. This is unnecessary.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

There is a rule, but some people would just break the rule when no staff are online.

Now back to my suggestion in this, I would still use T room to my advantage (e.g. MinecraftCity_b4) many regard it as camp, but I call it the smart thinking, I have a mixed feeling for this, It would be nice if it's implemented in some maps only.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mr Butters

Alot of the T rooms are used for as you said "smart thinking" the general rule of thumb as a T is too attempt not to be caught but in any event you are the T room can either offer you a safe way too eliminate the inno's or protect you from harm for the time that they are busy tracking your DNA

12. Snak

Snak Banned

-1 stupid ideas from stupid people

13. Mr Butters

-1 pointless mods can deal with it