Rejected Add a !bet command

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Death, Aug 19, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

Basically on fun rounds when you want to have a little fun and bet on someone and see who will win (TDM, Harpoon Wars, Headshot Wars) you can bet some money and someone can take your offer on that and who ever wins, takes the points. Anyone like the idea??

• Like Like x 8
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I enjoy the idea except for one thing, ghosting.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

It's not like ghosting gives away your position in fun rounds, is it?

4. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

That's a good idea actually, but I developed it a bit further in my mind.

You can place a bet on someone by typing !bet <person> <amount of points>.
    People put different amounts of bets on different people.
    The people who placed a bet on the winner will get all the points.

if no one placed a bet on the winner, the points will be saved to the next fun round! :eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

No, it doesn't giveaway positions. I recommend that only bets can be placed when you are dead. Only dead players can see bets placed. When the round ends, people can see who won all the points and see who placed points on who.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

No but, "Hey, I bet 50k on the other guy, throw the round and we split the winnings." :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Gambling ain't healthy, feisty death I will not fall for your vile schemes -1

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

It's kind of an interesting idea but it can easily be manipulated. You can easily just wait until there is two people left and just bet on who has the most health/skill. A better idea would be to make it so the maximum amount you can bet is lowered as more and more people die. This makes it so you actually have to speculate who could win earlier in the round, thus increasing the skill.

All I'm saying is, people can make a shit ton of points if the fight comes down to Xpro and a random noob.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

make it like
    bet for inno win / traitor win
    +1

11. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I'd think if pming "hey bro i have a bet against you kys ty" was against the rules with this, itd be pretty ok

12. Silly

Silly Fantasy VIP Silver

You could make it so only one player has a chance of winning if multiple players betted on the correct player, helping with problems of ghosting
    well atleast having a risk

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  13. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

I agree with nexus on this one it throws too much into the idea of ghosting and or throwing rounds. Not to mention the gambling in not legal for anybody under the age of 18 in the united states. To which someone is going to counter saying "you are not gambling real money so whats the problem" The premeditated responce to this is that not all forms of gambling occure with money just some form of currancy. In the penetentiary system inmates gamble contriban the most common being smokes. As we have an in game currancy and a percentage of the popullation of the server is under the age of 18 I would not recomend adding this feature officially to the server. People will retort with the lottery system in game which i have no answer to because it was added before I joined the server.

Tldr? -1

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  14. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

playing a gamemode that called
    Trouble in terrorist town
    "Terrorist"
    ok let ban every one under 18 (y) cuz this game mode is about terrorists,
    and its has jihad bomb,woooo its a secret company to brainwash under 18years old. (y)
    same if u responde "its just a gamemode" u know the rest (y)
    At least gambling won't make us murderers

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Unfortunately this is a tricky concept to implement, mostly due to the reasons mentioned above. Betting in players can promote multiple issues, and I don't think making this into a thing will be worth the headache it'll give us later on.

Thanks for suggesting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.