Denied Acid Rain's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Acid Rain, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acid Rain

Acid Rain New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Acid Rain
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:31853276
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I've been playing on Serious TTT for a while and occasionally, I make a mistake. I misread a situation and do something wrong, but I always confess to it. However, recently, I got a 5 day ban for an infraction.

The background. I was playing on (I believe) Vanilla Minecraft when I did a couple things wrong. I was detective and saw someone shooting at something out of view and thought he was a T. I killed him, checked the body and saw he was innocent. Turns out, he was opening a passage. I was (rightfully) reported and told the truth that I screwed up. For it, I believe I got a slay. Okay, reasonable.

I do not remember precise details, on account of them being insignificant (though somewhat frequent) events during a very long gaming session, but there were other occurrences which lead me to concur the mod in question was being extremely overzealous and punishing with a hair trigger. (I'm not naming names because I don't want to start a witch hunt or imply I have a vendetta. However, it should also be said that other mods, while taking care of business that needed to be taken care of, were never so zealous in performing their duties, as they did not see the need for a punishment every time something came up.)

The thing that earned me a 5 day ban was another round when I was detective. I suspected someone was a T and kept an eye on them. They shot at me, I called KOS on them and they ran into a building. I approached the other entrance of the building and the mod in question popped out. I had been playing for hours and was tired, so I misread the name and shot at them. Upon noticing my error, I immediately ceased fire and apologized. I was subsequently killed by them, as they were a traitor, and got a report. In my response, I told the truth about the matter, I thought it was the T (due to being very vigilant of someone coming from that direction), jumped the gun, but ceased fire and apologized upon learning otherwise. This incident, accidentally firing at someone who wasn't a confirmed T (and confessing to it) earned me a slay.

I found myself getting frustrated at this point, seeing the punishment as unreasonable, and thought I should get off and do something else. So, I did, reasoning that it was best at the time. I attempted to log in today and found I was banned for five days. Reading around lead me to learn that leaving during a round where you were slain is punishable.

I make no claims to being perfect or making no mistakes. However, every time I have done something wrong, I told the absolute truth about it and attempted to apologize. All of this is to show that I play in good faith and am not trying to ruin the game experience for others. A 5 day ban for errors which I have confessed to and apologized for, every time, is excessive.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I did not think to collect any images or video at the time, thinking that minor incidents were not worth recording. I do, however, completely confess to making mistakes, as well as being completely open about them and apologizing to anyone I wronged.​

2. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

You were banned by @Anastesia Blackwood for your 1st offense of RDM and Leave. She will respond when she can!

3. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Hello Acid Rain.
    I banned you after you left the server in a round you was slain. Here is the report in question: http://i.imgur.com/R1JTxoR.png
    I don't think I need to say anything more about why you got the slay as you admit what happen. I issued the slay and you then left the server during the round you was slain and I banned you for RDM and Leave 1st offense.
    The leave: http://i.imgur.com/02J0ae7.png

I will not remove the ban as it should be obvious that it is not okay to leave on a round you are slain as slay as a punishment only have an effect when the slay is served. Feel free to play on our other servers while you wait on the ban to expire.
    Appeal: Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.