a new rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Scooter, May 6, 2014.

1. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

since the recent event of DDoS I got to thinking there should be a rule implemented that if anyone threatens to DDoS or try to harm the servers they should get at least 6 to 8 weeks ban. I know this sounds harsh at first but there should be a zero-tolerance policy when threatening DDoS this is just my opinion so please don't go crazy on me just stating my suggestion here.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

No, there is no need to punish for petty threats. They might be able to be convicted for such things in real life, but while they're here under our protection, they are not going to be held to everything they say, legally.

We do punish DDoSer's. If they threaten to DoS our servers, and we get DoS'd after, than we will ban them. However, punishing them because they are frustrated and want to express their anger by 'scaring' us, is caving and giving into their threat. It will make them feel powerful, but not only that, if we ban them, angry. We are a lax environment sever, and do not wish for players to be careful about what they say if it isn't a direct form of harassment. They can curse the flag all they want, but it's only when they burn it will we take action.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Honestly, I hear DDoS threats all the time, but it's not very often that they actually amount to anything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Basically what the two previous replies said. Threats may even increase after recent events, but it doesn't mean they're going to do anything.

Like in game, we cannot punish until the player has committed a crime. We cannot kill until someone does something traitorous.

Now, if they admit to being a DDOSer, them they can go ahead and get their ban.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

My stance on DDoS threats. The average DDoSer won't tell the person with ban power that there gonna do it, they just do it. 95% of people who make these threats have no idea how to DDoS. Plus, the type of people that threaten to DDoS usually get banned for some other reason. Anyone remember Janoria Corven?