A new rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by My Dime Is Up, Aug 20, 2014.

?

Should we add this rule?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    95.7%
  1. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Im tired of hearing "OH HE RDM ME! or "I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE C4" or "I TOLD YOU I WAS GOING TO JIHAD" I want to add a new rule that would fix this problem. It would be "Do NOT discuss RDM over voice chat, use !report chat or !p chat to discuss in game chat, or admins/mods will gag you."

2. What? if people want to explain their innocence then you can't tell them to not talk about it over voice chat. And plus this barely happens at all, maybe the one off where someone is explaining what happened in an RDM case but it's not that normal

3. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Thats what I do tell them to stop but they don't. Theres no reason fort he public to know about rdm. They can do !report to get it settled faster and not annoy people about blabbering stuff people don't want to listen to.

4. Well denying use of voice chat wouldn't be a useful rule and probably would lead to some misconceptions between staff. just my opinion but -1

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

If a player in-game annoys you, just hold TAB (which brings up the playerlist) and mute the player(s) annoying you.
    Saves the staff trouble of people personally annoying you.
    Staff need the voice chat to communicate with players to get the right information about reports and the such.

6. Serious Lawyerbot

Serious Lawyerbot Supporter

-1 this issue is solved by muting the player while dead.

7. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Voice chat can come off clearer then text, text can be worded wrong and make it twist what you are attempting to say.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  8. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

It's preferred that players explain the situation in admin chat rather than voice chat while alive in an active round. If you're in spectator chatting with someone then it's fine to discuss your RDM related inquiries over the mic. However, while you're partaking in an active match and you're talking over players who are calling KOSes and other game changing events over voice chat, you're interrupting the game for everyone else playing. We can all use simple steps to avoid this from becoming an annoyance by politely asking them to either private message each other or continue their chat while they're a spectator.

There are however some situations where it may be necessary for a staff member to have the player talk out the conversation if he is unable to convey what happened through text. Often times this conversation is fast and we attempt to finish the conversation as quickly as possible as to not be an annoyance to others playing the round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

I believe this falls under harassment act,

If a player choose to annoy you about the same thing, you can request a staff to warn him actually. now play nice.

10. Horus

Horus Member

Lol 1/20 already gg rule gg