Denied __The__Law___'s Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by __The__Law___, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    __The__Law___
    Your Steam ID:
    0:0:87021169
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Not sure why I was banned in the first place. I am a donator, a VIP, and went on one day to find a 180+ day ban. If you could explain what possibly would have gotten me banned for half a year, I would love to hear a good reason!
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

You were banned by @Kyogre for your 5th Offense of RDM & Leave, which was globalized and extended by @Sinz . Kyogre will respond as soon as he can in regards to this issue. Please be patient.

3. Kyogre

Kyogre Ayuda VIP Silver

Hey there. Sorry for the delay, I'll make sure to respond to this soon.

4. Kyogre

Kyogre Ayuda VIP Silver

Well then, lets get to the point of the matter shall we? Appreciate the patience.

So what happened was we were playing on Mc_Haven on our Vanilla server and you just randomly RDMed me and another player as you can see in the reports below:

[​IMG][​IMG]

The reasoning behind both kills were you admitting to blatant RDM of two people, but before @Sinz (who was present on the server with me) could place the proper slays, you had already left. Since the RDMs and your leave are pretty clear cut I just want to take a minute and explain our Statue of Limitations and RDM and Leave system.

[​IMG]

Note: Anything after Third Offense would be in multiples of two and globalized, i.e. Fourth Offense = 8 Weeks, Fifth = 16 weeks

With that shown, allow me to go over our Statue of Limitations. Statue of Limitations works as the following, they apply only to RDM and Leave bans and it basically gives players a chance with a clean slate to start up with.

So allow me to give an example, if you were to be banned RDM and Leave First Offense today on 2/26/16 your ban would
    first have to expire (3/2/16). Then, it would take a period of three months after that ban expired for you to be banned for RDM and Leave First Offense instead of RDM and Leave Second Offense. This is because of the Statue of Limitations kicking in and you would effectively start from a First Offense ban placement again.

Now that I've explained to you both RDM and Leave protocol and the Statue of Limitations I'll just go ahead and show you what is the situation here. You were banned on a date that SoL would've come into effect, and under normal circumstances your ban would've been First Offense, but Administrators have the discretion to punish players accordingly as they see fit. In this case, Sinz chose to bypass SoL as he thought you deserved a bigger punishment, a sentiment which I share.

In the past, you've accumulated mostly RDM and Leave bans garnering up to Fourth Offense with 70 hours of gameplay across our servers as you can see here. The behavior you demonstrated while online in the form of those reports against you in-game show that you didn't seem to care much about the consequences and left. We do not tolerate players who purposely try to ruin other players' rounds and then decide to leave to avoid any punishment.

I'd also like to state that simply because you donated you will not be granted special treatment as you donate to help the community, and you're expected to follow our rules and guidelines while playing on our servers. I'll give you a chance to respond and then decide the verdict of this appeal.

5. Kyogre

Kyogre Ayuda VIP Silver

Well, because of the time frame that you were given after my response, and since you haven't been on the forums since you first made this appeal. I think I'll go ahead and give my final thoughts.

As I stated above, your colorful behavior you displayed while online and your RDM and Leave History resulted in this ban in the first place. While I could understand if you were busy this weekend, I would've expected a response by now for this appeal if you were truly wanting to be unbanned. Due to the lack of response and the problems I've mentioned beforehand, I think I'll go ahead and deny this appeal. Come back when you decide to start valuing our guidelines a little more and with a fresh new mindset. Try to play the game how we ask players to instead of breaking the rules we have set in place.

I will
    warn you though, RDMing and Leaving is an Offense that does keep stacking up. If you decide to come back after this ban and RDM and Leave again, it'll most likely result in a 32 week Global for RDM and Leave Sixth Offense. So keep that in mind, we do not tolerate players who decide to ruin the experience we try to provide here at Serious GMod. If you happen to have any questions or wish to discuss the matter further, feel free to do by starting a Conversation with me and my Administrator Sinz here on the forums.

Have a nice night.

Appeal:
    Denied/Thread Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.