Vanilla Map Suggestion - SkyIslands

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Romulus, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Romulus

Romulus The Alpha VIP

So, the map, known as SkyIslands, has been suggested before in @Alpha Wolfy's post from 2014.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106498411

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I played it for a while on a previous TTT server, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. It holds a lot of variety, such as close-quarters battles in fort walls and houses, to long-range sharpshooting from the top of the windmill, mountain house, and from the docked zeppelin. A decent amount of GUI t-traps, player-interactable props, and can easily hold 36 people.

Please leave your feedback, because I think I'd frequent Vanilla a bit more if I saw this in the rotation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

This map looks absolutely beautiful!

I'm shocked it hasn't been added yet... and if it was actually looked at back in 2014 I wonder the reason why it wasn't added.

If it wasn't looked at, LOOK AT IT NOW. *Behold it's glory!*

3. TheCoCoFTW

TheCoCoFTW Veteran Member

Would love to play this on Vanilla. Plus +1

4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Tested a Looooong time ago and the map was really laggy and poorly optimized.

Remember Highwon mentioning it to me for one of those reasons or similar, sorry folks.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Well, then. Shut 'er down folks. RIP Dreams of more MC Vanilla maps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. LeBlonde James

LeBlonde James Supporter

+1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

That's honestly a real shame, because it otherwise could have been a really good map to play on. However, I am sure there will be other good Minecraft maps somewhere down the track!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

I still remember trying out this map thanks to highwon force map change, and I can still remember the damn enchanting book I got lured into once by (you know who)

9. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

The map is so laggy because of how they built the islands, they only did the surface as an actual block/material and the rest is all a prop, probably why it's so laggy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1