Completed Report against Butterback

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by neutral, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neutral

neutral VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Butterback
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    Name of Staff/Player: Rick Steam ID of Staff/Player: STEAM_0:1:80333513 Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:86162493 Which Server: West 2 Which Map: TTT island Which Round: Idk Time of Occurence: ~6:00 PM Reason For Report: I hit my crowbar on some glass and got shot. Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Your Steam ID:
    HelixSpiral
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    Don't recall the full name. The boy's room one.
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:

Reason For Report:
    I was RDM'd by taylormason1998, because he was drawing something on the wall and I messed up his drawing. In my report, I said that I shot at his drawing, and that it was explicitly clear that I was not shooting at him- but he killed me anyways for T-baiting.

After two rounds, I didn't see anything happen so I told Butterback I would upload video proof in an @ message. He replied saying it didn't matter, that if it's remotely near a player in any way then it is T-baiting and that he could KOS me. I get these situations are he said vs he said situations- but I did offer video proof.

I later sent the video in another @ message and received no reply. After asking admins and other players it seems the consensus is that it is not T-baiting.

I don't want anything to happen to Butterback, or even think this even constitutes as something where a "punishment" should happen. I would just like the rule clarified if possible.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Video:

2. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Hey Helix,

Thank you for taking the time to report one of our staff members tonight. I will be tagging @Butterback and his admin @ryan4win so they will notice this report. Please allow them ample time to respond at their next convenience, thanks!

3. Butterback

Butterback "Whatever you want" VIP

How's it going Helix,

I wasn't watching this part of the map when the incident occurred. This sort of thing was happening pretty much every round up on top of the dresser, people were crowbar drawing (also writing #hillaryforprison, actually), and one or two people (Maybe you? Not sure, nobody shot them for shooting near them so I didn't pay too much attention to the names) were shooting the drawings (less than a foot in front of their faces). When you reported TaylorMason1998 admitting that you shot his drawing, I figured it was one of the ones on top of the dresser and that you were shooting the wall right next to him. I told you that you could upload a video, but if you were shooting near him even if you were just shooting his drawing, he would still be justified in shooting you. I don't remember seeing the video link get sent to me. Are you sure I was still on the server when you sent it?

I've watched the video today and seeing how far away from him you were shooting it does not appear that you were traitor baiting, and shooting you was not justified. Last night all I had to go on was your word against his, and the logs saying that you were indeed shooting.

4. neutral

neutral VIP

You were on, yeah.

I guess my issue is- I did specify in the report, and in our conversation that it was incredibly clear that I was not shooting at him- but you said that didn't matter. And I do understand that it's his word, against mine, which is why I offered the video and you did tell me it doesn't matter.

I suppose in the future, it would make more sense (at least to me) that if someone is offering video- it may make more sense to watch the video before making a final conclusion.

5. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things VIP Silver

Hello Helix, thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns over one of my moderators as they are always looking to greater their performance on the servers no matter the situation.

Usually in traitor-baiting scenarios the outcome will be "Word vs. Word" when there is no damage taken. This is because logs show if and when shots are taken, not where. So due to this limitation that the damage logs provide we cannot take action because we do not know the full story in such situations, so if you had not provided video evidence Butterback would have taken the absolute perfect action he possibly could, but since you do have video evidence, this is not the case.

As you can see in the video you were indeed shooting, but it was clearly too far away from the player for it to be considered traitor-baiting, so a slay should have been issued on TaylorMason1998.

Butterback claims to not have received the link, which is the major issue here. This is because Butterback agrees with you on that this situation was indeed not traitor baiting, so his judgement here is not incorrect, but the problem here is he should have been paying more attention to the chat to notice the extra evidence provided. Because of this, I am going to speak with Butterback and ensure that he is always double checking the chat and just being more attentive when players are trying to contact him.

Report: Valid

Thanks for reporting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.