Questions About Map-Specific Rules

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Dick Buttermuffin, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Just a few questions about some grey areas for a few map-specific rules:

1. Breaking bridges while someone is on it is traitorous.
    Q: What constitutes as breaking a bridge? Is it the actual act of breaking the bridge or is it even attempting breaking the bridge? Like do you have to wait to see if the bridge actually breaks while someone is on it or is it enough if someone even hits the bridge with a crowbar once while someone is on it?

2. Hiding or throwing away diamond and gold blocks is traitorous.
    Q: Define "hiding."

3. Placing props at the bottom of freefalls/ladders is traitorous.
    Q: Is this traitorous or is it RDM? Every time I've seen it done on Community Pool the mod claims RDM and slays anyone who puts a prop there. Is it only RDM if you're an innocent who put the prop there?

2. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

1. Breaking as in until it disperses and if someone is on the bridge when it is broken by another player then they die and you are going to be KOSed.
    2. Throwing it away in an area or place where no one can retrieve it. I.E Lava, Rooftops.
    3. You need evidence (Video.) to show who placed it for them to be slain. Otherwise it is Word v. Word. And placing it I believe is suspicion.
    EDIT*: Hope I helped and feel free to correct me.

3. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

1.What Mango said.
    2.Hiding-"to conceal from knowledge or exposure;keep secret" It doesn't have to be unreachable.
    3. It is traitorous, and rdm if you do it as an inno and it damages someone.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

1. Because breaking is an active verb, it means the act of breaking a bridge. This is like destroying the tester or killing a person. Doing damage is the common demoninator.

2. Storm's answer for this is the most proper.

3. It is RDM if players are damaged from it and you are not a traitor. It is traitorous either way(inno or traitor).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

For #1 I knew that was the right answer but for some reason I couldn't figure out how to explain it so my brain was like nope.

6. Yes. So you don't actually have to break it. Simply damaging it while someone is on it is enough.

My question would then be: could a mod check logs to see that a player swung their crowbar if it didn't actually damage anyone? Like how they can see they fired a weapon?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. DocFox

Crowbar swings show up in the 'damageinfos' section of the RDM Manager(Tab 1) just as shots do for weapons and magneto sticks.

8. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

I'll be sure to clarify this on my thread so hopefully future questions like this can be answered without having to post. Thank you for your questions, and don't hesitate to ask any more! (If you want, add me on steam if you want to ask private questions).

9. I should probably put it up in the suggestion thread, but I'm sure there are other map-specific rules to put in place. Off the top of my head I can think of:

On "Dat Map" the Explosive Turtles should be treated the same way that Explosive Barrels are, since they are essentially the same thing. So if you chase someone with them you can be killed.

10. DocFox

It is already a traitorous act, listed in the rules, to approach a player with an explosive prop.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. @CDriscoll what is the punishment for lying in a report? I didn't see anything about it in your rules list. I've seen some staff claim that there is no punishment for it and other staff say that there is. So my questions are:

1. Is lying in a report punishable if it's proven you lied?
    2. If so, what is the punishment?

12. DocFox

Blatant false reports receive the following punishment.

• First Offense: Warning from Staff
    • Second Offense: 1 slay
    • Third Offense: 2 slays
    • Fourth Offense: 24 hour ban.

13. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

what about the map rooftops
    does that mean all grenades are now kosable (discombob isnt on other maps unless it hurts someone

14. DocFox

All grenades, other than smoke, are traitorous on any level; they do not have to do damage to be traitorous.

15. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

What Mango said. They are traitorous (if thrown) no matter what map you're in.

16. That's IT? Wow. A little different from the "harsh punishment" I was told about. And in case there was some confusion, I didn't say false reports I said lying in a report. I believe it's referred to as "loopholing" or something? Example: A guy RDMs me for no reason. He responds to the report and says I passed an un-ID'd body. I have video evidence that shows that's a complete lie.

Is the punishment the same as above? Or is it harsher? I hope it's harsher than that because lying in a report to avoid a slay deserves more than that.

17. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

You're going to get the same answer every time. Mods have to strictly follow the MOTD to the letter and cannot make it "harsher", unless of course given permission by an admin. The other option is if an admin was the one giving the punishment out.

18. Linkthedinosaur

Linkthedinosaur Self Proclaimed Master of the No Scope VIP

I don't think he is talking about when someone is reporting people for no reason at all, but rather when someone who is reported lies on the report about what he has seen or done.

19. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

I read his reply lol. I know he meant if someone lied on a report. But just because they lie on a report, that still does not change the fact we have to follow protocol.

20. Linkthedinosaur

Linkthedinosaur Self Proclaimed Master of the No Scope VIP

I think in this case, It would be reported to the Admins and higher and then they would decided the verdict. Most likly a ban of sorts.