Non serious TTT

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Han, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Han

Han       VIP

Oh boy.

Well, I'm going to go ahead and say this idea will probably hated upon by the community. You guys probably like SeriousTTT the way it is - And I can understand that. Just please, hear me out. If you think this is a bad idea, I'm perfectly open to straight NOs or constructive criticism. ( Emphasis on constructive. )

SeriousTTT has always been a very strict server. A few examples - You accidentally hit your friend. He's fine! No worries! And he forgives you. Now, admins can use discretion to void this. But moderators have to slay, as it is considered RDM. ( If I'm correct, RDM stands for Randomly Damaging Members. ) Another thing - You throw a discombobulater? It deals one damage? You get slain for that. Throw a discombobulater on a flat bank? ( Ex - Bank, outside. ) People can kill you for that. No traitor is going to try to PROP DAMAGE someone with a disc(ombobulater) and kill them because of it. Maybe to throw someone of an edge ( That would make perfect sense. ) but using the disc as an actual weapon on a flat map? Doesn't work.

Now, I feel like I should say something real quick. It might seem like I'm ranting on STTT. So strict! So unfair! Nah, I'm not. I'm perfectly fine with the current rules and such. However, I've played on a lot of other TTT servers before this, and I do enjoy a bit more leniency.

So what is my suggestion?

Simply, another STTT server that has a bit more leniency. Example - Players can forgive players, no slay needed. Crowbar fights? That's alright. Just make it known you're crowbar fighting, not desperately trying to kill each other. Throwing discs? No one kills you unless you actually damage someone. There are a lot more things I could add. Two friends IRL have a habit of running around, hitting themselves with crowbar once a round? ( I've seen this happen a lot, though it sounds odd. ) That's fine.

TL;DR More lenient TTT server.

Now, how do I propose this will work out?

I don't know. Honestly, I'm not really expecting people to support this idea, but I figured it was worth a try. I know that a lot of people come to STTT to have a strict guideline to follow, but I also think the community would benefit from an easier environment.

If people surprise me, and everyone +1s this idea and stuff ( Who am I kidding? ) I would probably say two things

1) It could replace a STTT server. West, East, etc. If it wasn't popular, it could be replaced again.
    2) We could get a sixth server. I'm not too fond of this idea, but yeah.

Any comments are appreciated. This is just an idea, I'm just curious to see how everyone will react.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Serious TTT didn't get to be a popular server by not being serious.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Han

Han       VIP

Yeah, I understand that. It could still be serious, just not as strict. I probably could have worded the title a bit better. Instead of a very strict, one damage - one slay server, it would be a bit more lenient and allow something like a forgiveness concept.

It's just an idea. :)

4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

5. Han

Han       VIP

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Python~

Yeah, leniency and forgiveness, which is basically what the thread I posted talks about but having it implemented into all servers rather than one
    You even refer to it in your comment

7. Han

Han       VIP

Yes, but that thread isn't including most of the stuff I said. It included the forgiveness concept, yes, but that's not all I'm talking about. I feel like you still haven't really read the thread.

8. Python~

That is all. You said it for me.
    I'm sure there are other servers out that that are more lenient if it's something you really desire

9. Han

Han       VIP

. . . . . ? What?

Great job of quoting me out of context. I feel like I can't debate this with you because all you've done is quote certain areas and make it seem like it's just a forgiveness concept. It isn't. Since you're obviously not bothering to read the whole thread ( Well, you probably have by now. ) please refrain from posting comments like above. I can understand why someone would -1 this, I'm fine with it, but you aren't really giving a good reason why.

10. DocFox

Long standing members of this community came to this community for a reason. Most of them, it was because it was a group of serious servers with exceptional staff who carried the serious name well. Matches have been won with the last man standing having 1 hp at the end.

All rules should be uniform across all of our servers; having a server that is more lenient than the others can cause confusion. Could you imagine coming back after the AFK kicker moved you from the lenient server to another one and getting enraged when you get slain for RDM?

There were points that I made on the forgiveness thread about this leniency concept. They were points about the fact that it's for players who don't want to assume responsibility for their actions. Also, the one forgiveness item, Goomba Stomping, is justified because of who is at fault. Other incidents of RDM are not accidental and cannot be justified(i.e. Shooting a barrel that someone walks into) due to who the blame is suggested to be placed upon.

Goomba stomping- it's not my fault that I was climbing a ladder or jumping down from an area when they walked under me; you can't control yourself very well in air.

Shooting a Barrel- it's not my fault that I voluntaril shot the barrel and they walked into it; you can control shooting a barrel.

Hell, even a grenade throw or prop damage is a controlled event that can be avoided.

Almost all of the time, cases of randomly damaging a player are because the RDMer didn't have the self control to avoid the situations. Things like Goomba stomps are the out of the RDMers control most of the time and therefore give leniency when being dealt with by staff.

There are other servers out there that let you RDM and do damage. This is SERIOUS TTT. If it ain't brone, don't fix it.

11. Vrayer

Vrayer Member

+1 but I'm pretty certain that even people like the idea, changing a server or putting a new one will seem impractical and unnecessary because it won't seem like a big deal (big enough to consider a change).

Edit: giving +1 creates a conflicting idea structure. Therefor I'm not giving anything. I find the approach something to be considered though.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  12. Vrayer

Vrayer Member

And Mango even though what you said is right, you just ignored OP's approach to the topic. Don't come all "This is Serious TTT. Take us seriously or the door is behind you." (still though the threads solutions are impractical and will be seen as an unnecessary change)

13. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

+1 I hate getting slain for ACCEDENTLY hitting someone with a crowbar, even though the person I hit doesn't care and is ok with it.

14. DocFox

I'm saying that the server has been successful with the current rule set for over a year. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. It's like saying, "Hey I shot someone, but I didn't mean to, please forgive me." How exactly do you not mean to pull a trigger?
    PTFO and you usually don't have this problem.
    What were you doing swinging the crowbar? Was it objective based? Or were you just drawing on a wall? Or did you misclick?

Also, if I had to walk around with 80 hp and everyone else had 100hp, I would feel like my round was pretty much over. Like I said in my original post, 1hp can determine whether a round is won or lost.

15. Han

Han       VIP

I understand that, but the reason I created this thread was the see if the community would respond well to the suggestion. You're acting like change, just because this rule set has worked well for awhile, shouldn't happen. I disagree. Also, I'm not saying anything like "Shoot someone, and you says it's accidental? Get out of jail free card."

What Bacon was saying, though, is that the guy was OK with it. If it was a honest mistake ( Ex. Drawing on the wall, someone gets in front. ) and he's fine with it. ( "It's cool, just don't have it happen everyone round. ") Yet he still gets slain since mods have to follow protocol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DocFox

I'm not saying that change is a bad thing. I'm saying that maybe you should consider changing yourself and how you play before you want to change a community.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Han

Han       VIP

The whole purpose of this suggestion was to see if people actually wanted something like a less strict, but still a serious TTT server. I can understand you saying "If you can't stand the fire, get out of the kitchen." but I'm just trying to see if people would agree with this idea - If people would like a tad bit more leniency.

18. Taco_Rocket

Taco_Rocket G-G-G-Godmin VIP

I would rather have another server devoted to another gamemode/game (a la CSGO) than give leniency in the rules. How am I suppose to train mods by telling them that this all applies except for this one server?

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. I'm all for this idea because it's probably where all the RDM/Loophole trolls will hang out. So +100 from me.

20. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Sorry. -1 You clicked the mouse to crowbar someone. You NEED to be more responsible. To live in real life; NOT THE GAME you NEED to be responsible! Keep this in mind.
    YOU throw the discombobulater you pay the price! If you want to throw it you should someone out there will kill you.

If your friend says "eh, it's fine" well too bad, you threw it, you clicked it, ect, ect. YOU WILL PAY! If you shoot someone in the leg in real life and he says "Eh, it's fine." The cops will most likely arrest you( and him) Depending on what happens. Look this is a game, follow the rules or GTFO. I know you don't mind them at the moment but they won't be changing anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1